Dr Bryan Chen
Dr Bryan Chen Pao Hung
Doctor of Chiropractic
B. Chiropractic (New Zealand college of chiropractic)
B. Science (Hons) (University of Canterbury New Zealand)
Bryan’s Little Story
The story that changed my life…
When I was about 20 years old, I suffered serious lower back pain from a basketball injury. Someone knocked my lower back from behind while I was in the air. I laid in bed for about a week, thinking if I can ever get back on the basketball court again? The pain was unbearable. I took painkillers almost every day, and the side effects of these drugs caused me great difficulties in my daily life. I also went to consult several physiotherapists and acupuncturists. None of them provided the answer I was looking for i.e. “Can I get back on the basketball court again?” Finally, one of my close friends who was studying chiropractic at that time, told me about chiropractic. I had no idea what it was at that time. With some doubt in my mind, I went to see a chiropractor. The chiropractor explained to me what chiropractic is all about. He then adjusted my spine without giving me any drugs or painkillers. A week later, my lower back started to improve, and several weeks later I was able to play basketball again. Not only did I find the answer I was looking for but I also found the answer to my life: “I want to be a chiropractor.”
Being a chiropractor allows me to do what my chiropractor did to me when I was 20 years old i.e. helping people to get well and get back to an active lifestyle again. Chiropractic is all about treating your spine well and ensuring your nervous systems are “back online”. Without a proper functioning nervous system, our body will not be able to function well, and optimal health will not be achieved.
I have been in practice for almost 10 years, including 8 years in Singapore. The more I practice, I realise how different each individual is. Each individual is unique and this is the same philosophy when it comes to chiropractic treatments. Chiropractic spinal manipulation/adjustments will ensure our spine is in a well-aligned state. Our other joints such as shoulders, elbows, knees, and ankles can all be potentially affected due to our inactive lifestyles and these joints can also be treated with appropriate chiropractic treatments. With Chiropractic adjustments as the starting basis, together with additional treatments such as Spinal Decompressional therapy, Shockwave treatments, Electrode therapy and Spinal Rehabilitations, we will provide a full spectrum of care to treat various musculoskeletal problems in Singapore.
This is the main theme of Equilibrio Chiropractic in Singapore, “Balance”, where every single part of our body system is in harmony, and in sync with each other like a well conducted orchestra. This is what I want every single person who walks out Equilibrio Chiropractic to feel every time and this is what I want Chiropractic care to be about in Equilibrio Chiropractic. More details about myself:
- 2005 Hammond Research Trust winner, with research project concentrate on patient’s balance with regular chiropractic care
- 2005 Clinical Merit Award for high achievement in clinical practice during internship
- Certified Radiographer of New Zealand National Radiology Laboratory (NZ NRL)
- Team Chiropractor for Auckland Christian Youth Basketball team
- Regular Speakers for New Zealand local organisations, such as New Zealand Chinese Association and Plunket (pregnant mothers organisation), topics including Geriatric
- Spinal care, Diabetes with Chiropractic, Adult/Kid Posture Corrections, Office Ergonomics, and Sports-related injuries
- Registered member of New Zealand chiropractic Board and New Zealand Chiropractic Association
- Associated Chiropractor in Chiropractic First Singapore 2007-2011
- Senior Chiropractor and Consultant in The Chiropractic Group (The chiropractic clinic) Singapore 2011-2015
Dr Inge Rolvink
Dr Inge Rolvink
Doctor of Chiropractic (UK)
Master of chiropractic (Anglo European College of chiropractic)
About Dr Inge Rolvink
Dr. Inge is from the Netherlands and has been interested in healthcare her whole life. She started working as a chiropractic assistant while still in high school and was so amazed by what she got to observe there that she decided to go to the study of chiropractic at the Anglo European College of Chiropractic in 2004. After graduating in 2008 she went back to the Netherlands and worked in the same clinic as a chiropractor. She stayed in this family practice for 6 years, treating all sorts of patients. Her special interest is treating babies and pregnancy related complaints and she has done extensive training in this field besides her work in the clinic.
She moved to Singapore in 2014 and has enjoyed working with the local community since. Here in Singapore, Dr Inge is mainly focusing on treating our singapore children and adults with back and neck complaints. She is currently living with her young daughter and husband in Singapore. As a member of the General Chiropractic Counsel (UK) she is actively involved in post graduate learning and keeps up with current developments in the field of chiropractic.
- Registered Doctor of Chiropractic (United Kingdom)
- Master of Chiropractic (Anglo European College of Chiropractic)
- Certified in Chiropractic Pediatrics, Applied Kinesiology and Extremity adjusting techniques
- Member of UK General Chiropractic Counsel
Talk To Our Chiropractors